Let’s face it, we can all get a little stressed (especially at the moment!) so if you have invested in a new state-of-the art TV Bed we’d thought we’d give you some tips on how to have an amazing night’s sleep in it.
- Stop the late night snacks — Did you know that eating raises your body temperature? That’s right eating anything (even something cold) does increase your body temperature. So, if you find you get hot at night this might not necessarily be because of the ambient temperature of your bedroom it could be down to the late night snack you had before bedtime. You should always try and leave 1-2 hours after eating before you go to bed.
- Fresh air could be what you need — Ensuring a good airflow in your bedroom can really help you get a better night’s sleep. We understand this might not be possible all year round to leave a window wide open but fresh air can really help you sleep. You may want to consider opening a window an hour or two before bedtime, especially in the winter.
- Stay hydrated — Take a glass of water to bed with you. Being well hydrated will allow your body to get rid of excess heat (in the form of sweat) that you will need to correctly regulate your temperature and keep you from over heating.
- Avoid Alcohol — Some people swear by a glass of red before bed but it has been clinically proven that drinking alcohol can severely hamper your deep sleep. Stay off the hard stuff and you will feel more refreshed.
- Have you got the right mattress? — This may sound obvious but we find a lot of people will use an old mattress on the wrong size of bed. This is bad for a number of reasons. If you, or your sleep partner, are larger you may want to consider getting a larger mattress. Each of us need a certain amount of space between each other in order for us to have a good rest. Good air-flow between you and your sleep partner can really help with a decent nights sleep.
- Of course (and of course we would say this!) a great way to fall asleep could be investing in a new TV Bed. You see, TV beds aren’t just for TV, many of our multi-media beds come with surround sound speakers which can be paired to blue-tooth enabled devices like your smartphone or tablet. So you can listen to some relaxing music or an audio book or, of course fall asleep whilst watching your favourite box set.